It is not possible to eat out at a London food truck every day but that does not mean you need to be missing out on amazing street food every day. The whole point of street food is that it is a quick and easy meal, meaning the recipes are usually quite simple as well. Our easy street food recipes series is here to help you create amazing street food dishes at home so that you can eat delicious food every day of the week. Today we’re going Mexican with a vegetarian feta and sweet potato taquitos recipe.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 Tbsp smokey chipotle paste
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 100g Feta cheese
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Little gem lettuce
- 400g Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 6 White tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7
- Chop the sweet potatoes (skins on) into very small, bite-sized pieces
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with vegetable oil and add the ground coriander. Season generously with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 15 min or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Cut the little gem lettuce in half lengthways, and finely slice. Then, trim and slice the spring onion finely.
- Crumble the feta.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between the tortillas, covering only half, and crush down gently with a back of a spoon.
- Add most of the crumbled feta (saving a little for garnish) and roll the tortilla tightly.
- Place the wrapped taquitos in the oven for 8 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and chipotle paste with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve the taquitos topped with the spicy sauce, lettuce, remaining feta and spring onions
This recipe was originally posted on Sam’s travel blog – Yoko Meshi